Dienstag, 6. August 2013

Havok - Unnatural Selection 10/10

Long time since I bought my last NWOTM record so I went into the city last Saturday and bought Havok's Unnatural Selection.

So maybe some of you came up with the question: Why it took so long to get this record? Finally the album was released on 21. of June 2013...
Well I was waiting for a vinyl release but because I didn't heard anything about that until to this day, I couldn't wait any longer. I needed to know what the new record sounds like.

So when you first look at the producers name, you know this will sound like a head crusher. Amaizing sound, playful and musical a bit better than the previous release Time Is Up in my opinion. And Time Is Up was a monster of a new Thrash album!!

And if James Murphy is guilty as charged and he is responsible for the fine-tuning then horns up man. These little arrangements in Under the Gun, Waste Of Life are genious and fits in perfectly. 

As a drummer I must salute Mr. Webber once again. I mean listen to I Am The State. This drum part at the end of the song is so fantastic. You only hear that by Havok. It's a shame because there are so many good drummer around but Havok got it obviously.

My personal faves are I Am The State, It Is True, Under The Gun, Chasing The Edge and Worse Than War.

To me Havok is still one of the best new Thrash bands nowaday. There is now doubt about it! And I think they will get the last critic after this killer record.

I give Unnatural Selection a 10/10!!

I was lucky enough to see Havok live on the 5th of Mai 2012 with Jesse de los Santos on bass. One of the most intense Thrash gigs I've ever been in my life. And I'm through various gigs ;) Very nice and solid guys too. And they all signed my LP as well. AWESOME!!




So enough of the past, go and get their new release Unnatural Selection and mosh 'til you die!


TRACKLIST

01 I Am The State
02 Give Me Liberty... Or Give Me Death
03 It Is True
04 Under The Gun
05 Waste Of Life
06 Living Nightmare
07 Chasing The Edge
08 Worse Than War
09 Children Of The Grave
10 Unnatural Selection


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen