Donnerstag, 6. März 2014

Havok - Burn Vinyl 4/5

So as many of you Thrash Fux outside know, Havok released all their three records again as vinyl presses. I've ordered the "Burn" & "Unnatural Selection" LP because I have the original release of "Time Is Up" from 2011. So there are only the two other LP's which were missed in my Vinyl Collection.

Back on Black/ Plastichead did an amaizing job I tell ya! From the Gatefold to the vinyl itself, it's killer!! I'm through the Burn LP right now and the sound is amaizing. 10 times better than the CD version in my opinion!! So vinyl is still worth it. Maybe more than ever. Which not means, that the CD is crap. ;)

I bought the CD version back when it was released in 2009 I think. So this record accompanied me most of my NWOTM collecting times. More pleasing that it was now released in a wonderful 12" Gatefold Cover on a fine 100% 180 g pure vinyl. Could not be better than that.

SONGWRITING 4,5/5
It's just great. All this good arrangements, the soli-battles formed this album to one of the best at its time. And it still killes you by the first hit of the snare. I'm also still of the opinion, that the solis are one of the best they ever wrote 'til to this day. Also Shawn was the best cast on Bass I think. He did one of the bands best work on the second album "Time Is UP". I really miss him. Not only because he was a bad-ass bass player. He also was a damn cool guy.

SOUND 3/5
Rough is the first thing which came up when I think of the sound. In quality not so dominant than the further releases but also ground-breaking at its time.

SONGS 4,5/5
In summery 12 songs, one of em just an intro but not bad for a first full-length. In total 49:23 100% Bay Area Thrash Metal in your face!

ARTWORK 3,5/5
To me, it reflects perfectly the songs and the dynamic of this record. 

LAYOUT 4,5/5
The Back on Black Releases comes as a 180 g vinyl in a 12" Gatefold Cover. Great processing including all the lyrics on one side. A bit confusing, because the song titles are a little small. So you cannot immediatley recognize the individual titles. And this is maybe the only thing I could complain about it. ;)

All in all still one of my beloved records. 4/5 is not a bad view on it right?! ;)

At the same time, you, yes YOU can have my CD version, original first press US Release by Candlelight Records 2009. Check out the site right above under "GOOD MUSIC FOR GOOD PEOPLE" or watch my shop on discogs.com/evilepromo

Cheers

DO\m/



Havok - Burn 2014 Limited Edition 12" Gatefold Splatter Vinyl (Back On Black/ Plastichead BOBV387LP)


Tracklist

SIDE A

01 Wreckquiem
02 The Root Of Evil
03 Path To Nowhere
04 Morbid Symmetry
05 Identity Theft
06 The Disase

SIDE B

07 Scabs Of Trust
08 Ivory Tower
09 To Hell
10 Category Of The Dead
11 Melting The Mountain
12 Afterburner

Total: 49:23

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen